Launch is a program that seeks to empower Chester 11th and 12th graders for acceptance into college or career training, successful completion, and future employment. Launch is designed to provide engaging and personalized learning experiences, specifically created to develop practical skills which are critical for a successful pursuit of college and/or career opportunities.
The focus of Launch is for each participant to Soar by:
- Creating a clear vision for life beyond high school to ensure a trajectory toward college and/or career readiness.
- Building a comprehensible Flight Plan for how to realize that vision.
- Embracing and executing the vital tasks that will ensure that the mission is accomplished.
The 5 Critical Components of Our Program:
- Weekly SAT Tutoring through our partnership with Upward Bound, or supplemental program.
- Monthly College and Career Preparation Workshops.
- Monthly Guest Speakers on various career options.
- A dedicated Mentor assigned to support each student, and their parents, throughout the process.
- Each student has an Individualized Strategic Plan to set goals, plan, self-monitor and conference with their support team along their journey toward post-secondary success.
Interested in Becoming a Launch Mentor?
Learn more about the expectations of becoming a Launch Mentor and get started today!
Interested in becoming a guest speaker?
Contact Leslie Kelso today at Leslie@ALHjr.org
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11